Visitors to the ever popular seaside town of Swakopmund are in for a treat at the Swakopmund Strand Hotel. Many travellers visit the famous town in search of cooler seaside temperatures in order to relax after hot and dry visits to Etosha National Park and other desert based safaris.
The hotel is located just a stone’s throw away from the beach and offers awesome seaside views. The décor of the hotel itself is reminiscent of historical German and Namibian architecture but with modern 4 star standards.
Individual travellers, groups, self-drive tourists and business people alike will find exactly what they are looking for at the Swakopmund Strand Hotel and its proximity to the town’s amenities make it perfectly situated for exploring the town by foot.
There are 125 rooms in total in the hotel and most have seaside or beach views, those that don’t have garden and park views. These are the options:
- Standard Rooms: Equipped with an en-suite bathroom with shower, single vanity and a separate toilet, the standard rooms are perfect for 2 adults and 1 child. Two of the rooms can take 2 adults and 2 children. Air-conditioning, tea/coffee station, mini-bar, hair-dryer, satellite TV with hotel DSTV package, free Wi-fi access and a telephone, as well as king-sized or twin beds are supplied in each room. Floor to ceiling panoramic and sliding doors/windows afford ocean/beach or garden/park views. There are 2 ‘standard enabled rooms’ that have a second bathroom and wheelchair access.
- Luxury Rooms: Luxury rooms come with panoramic views, big glass windows and doors that open onto sea facing balconies. 2 adults and 2 children can be accommodated in beds and furniture similar to that of the standard rooms, as well as all the accessories. There are 2 en-suite bathrooms and 2 lounge chairs to relax and unwind on.
- Junior Suites: There are guaranteed beach/sea views for all these suites. Floor to ceiling double sized panoramic sliding doors/windows lead onto large balconies. In addition to the amenities and furnishings of the Standard Rooms the bathrooms are fitted with a bath and a shower. The extra length soft-top mattress on the king-sized bed, a writing/dining table and a lounge area with armchairs really make these rooms luxurious. Perfect for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Luxury Suites: These suites have an open-plan lounge and 4 seater dining room. The separate bedroom suites have a king-sized bed with a soft top mattress and en-suite bathrooms with bath and shower. There are 2 couches and an executive desk in the lounge and a 4 seater dining room. TV’s and hotel DSTV package are in both bedroom and lounge. Each Luxury Suite is suitable for 2 adults and 2 children. The facilities are similar to the other rooms and suites.
- Presidential Suite: The Presidential Suite (125 sqm) sits proudly on the top floor of the Strand Hotel with guaranteed full and wide open views of Swakopmund’s main beach and the Atlantic Ocean and a balcony that runs the length of the suite. The en-suite bathroom has a full bath, separate shower and toilet.
With amenities and furnishings similar to the Luxury Suites additional features include a separate Master Bedroom, king-sized bed with soft-top mattress, fireplace, tea/coffee station, executive desk/ladies dresser and a walk-in dresser. The entertainment room has seating for 8 guests around a fireplace. TV, tea/coffee and bar stations and executive desk lead onto a further 8 seated dining room complete with Butler’s pantry/kitchen. An inter-leading Standard Room is available for children.
- Fitness Centre
- Gift shop
- Conference centre
Swakopmund is the adventure capital of Namibia and visitors have the option to do all of the following among many others:
- Bird Watching
- Desert tour
- Night walks
- Quad biking
- Dune boarding