Just 250km from the famous Victoria Falls, on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River – you can find the charming Kalizo Lodge. The Kwando, Linyati, Zambezi and Chobe Rivers all flow through this area, making is a lush watery paradise covered in riverine vegetation, watery marshes and open plains.
“Kalizo” means place of safety, and in this serene and tranquil environment certainly gives guests a sense of home away from home and safety. Game is prolific in this lush area and elephants, hippo, buffalo, antelope, hippo and hundreds of bird species can be seen from the camp.
An upgraded bar, kitchen, restaurant and lounge area offer rustic and beautiful settings looking over the Zambezi River below. There are options for camping, self-catering, bed and breakfast or dinner, bed and breakfast for guests to choose from and day visitors are welcome to come for lunch or dinner.
- Chalet 1 and 2: 2 sleeper chalets (single beds) with en-suite bathrooms and outdoor showers and river views.
- Luxury tent 3: 3 sleeper luxury tent (1 x double bed and 1 x single bed) with attached bathroom and river views
- Luxury tent 4 and 5: 2 sleeper luxury tents (single beds) with en-suite bathrooms, outdoor showers, river views, kitchenettes and outdoor braai facilities
- Luxury tent 6: 3 sleeper luxury tent (1 x double bed and 1 x single bed) with attached bathroom, river views, kitchenette and outdoor braai facilities
- Luxury tent 7: 2 sleeper (single beds) with attached bathroom, pool view, kitchenette and outdoor braai facilities
- Luxury tent 8: 2 sleeper (single beds) with en-suite bathroom and outdoor shower, pool view (kitchen can be shared with luxury tent 7 if guests are in the same group).
- Kubu, Nkwazi and Zambezi Family Units: 4 sleeper units (2 bedrooms, single beds) with shared bathroom, indoor kitchenette and outdoor braai facilities and river views.
- Guinea Fowl House: 6 sleeper unit (3 bedrooms, single beds) with shared bathroom, indoor kitchenette and outdoor braai facilities and lovely garden with river views
- Camping facilities: 18 spacious campsites, each equipped with power points and braai areas.
- Dining room
- Braai facilities
- Swimming pool
- Wooden deck
- River Tour
- Game Viewing
- Guided Birding Walks
- Visit Local Community
- Sunset Cruises
- Quad Bikes Excursions
- Boat trips